22 March 2009

My First Short Film

Just finished my first short film, ever. Before you take a look at it, here are a few tidbits about it:
  • I wrote and shot this film from scratch in about 2 days. My actor I realized probably couldn't do it at the last second and my brother, or camera man, wasn't able to make it up. Desperate, I changed everything. This was originally about a rebellious angel. I ended up with a dramatic horror.
  • So then it turns out the audio SUCKS, so I make it a dialogue-less film.
  • Every piece of audio was added in post, from the big things like the rain and thunder to tiny things like the faucet turning on, everything was done in post.
  • Because I'm poor, the entire thing was edited with Windows Movie Maker. It's not exactly what Spielberg uses, but it's simple.
  • I'm the star of the movie, unfortunatley. I hate being in front of the camera and love being behind it and hope I never have to act in one of my own films again. Because I was pretty much my own camera man, setting up the shots took three times as long and none of them were perfect.
  • In gist, this short film is an example of how every shortcoming that's thrown at you shouldn't stop you from making a decent product. If I can put something like this, which looks better than Vin Fucking Diesel's first film, then what the hell are all these directors doing with their $250 million dollar budgets? Buying $20 million dollar tripods?